Twitter Updates

Monday, April 07, 2008

Conflicts.

Today was my official day at school. Woke up and again sent her a good morning message. I felt i overdid it today but nevertheless...it felt nice.

Bus 168 was real full today. It was really packed to the brim. i looked at the bus driver and then he said come in. I managed to squezze through however. Arrived woodlands interchange, it was packed and so i decided to walk to school.

Arrived at about 8:34am. Powered up the laptop and then checked my outlook. Class started at exactly 9 and our faci for the day was miss faith. She was very friendly and then gave us a problem which was themed CONFLICT. I was brokened up into a new team but managed to bring a friend i already know which was Azmil (he was late by 1 minute!!!!) hahaha.

The other 3 people in my group were Aslinda(ITE graduate), shing ling and peihui. Shing ling was really the out going one but thankfully everyone in our group managed to work well without conflicts.

If you think 2 hours and 30 minutes is enough to make a powerpoint presentation...THINK AGAIN!!!!!!

Time flew real fast that we only had 10 minutes for lunch and before that, everyone was starving and restless and tired. i managed to keep them together however.

We then continued class for our presentations and then came our turn to present our problem. evrything went well but our group almost incensed an indian classmate who is from india when we decided to make the tamil tigers and sri lanka an example of conflict.

he duly noted to us that india had nothing to do with the incident because he lived near the border and explained to our team that india was not involved. he was real angry. shing ling then tried to reason with him that we were taught this in social studies but it only made the argument worse that miss faith came in and diffused the situation for us.

When class ended, i went up to hasim (the indian guy) and apologised from the bottom of my heart to him saying that i had no intentions of hurting any races or inciting anger into him during our presentation and i also told him that i'm indian by race and he's like a brother to me too and i knew how how he felt.

He then told me its okay, saying i didnt need to apologize and explain my teams actions. he said we're all classmates and its okay. he just wanted to clarify with us the issue of that conflict to our team. i kept on apologizing until he said to me that he'll slap me if i said sorry one more time.

I did say sorry to him again at the door before i left class and then he was like wanted to chase me...hahaha...i told him take care and he said yea...you too.

I then left back to home...reached under my block at 5:55 but then realised i forgot. How careless of me. my maid came from my aunties house and passed the keys to me and so i entered at 6:20. Did my RJ (Reflection journal) which contributes to my grades...I'll end my post now with a glimpse of my reflection journal which i just submitted. take care.


Question:
What are your fears and concerns in the weeks to come- module or PBL approach?


Response:
My fears and concerns in the weeks to come is mainly being able to keep my focus and good momentum going for the during my study in RP. I have a tendency to detour and lose focus and thats where my greatest weakness and enemy lies.

I really hope that this does not happen however. I want to work hard, gain good grades and step away from the shadow that once pulled me to the lowest point of my life. I want to graduate well, step up a level and go on to further heights.

Based on my recent performance which was today, I basically felt that problem based learning suited me well as I'm more of somebody who does not shy away from challenges given to me. The experience I had in making presentations, public speaking and leadership really came to my advantage today.

I felt that I was the LIVE-wire and spine of the team. Despite being hungry, tired and restless during breakout two, I kept on encouraging each and everyone in the team not give up and persevere in completing our presentation. In the end, we did complete the presentation 10 minutes from time and rushed our lunch just to be back for meeting 3 and despite that, we were still late by 7 minutes. =)

The feeling of satisfaction among our our team members when the presentation and meeting 3 ended were priceless. Nothing in the world could stop us from being happy that all our hardwork paid off and so i'm really looking forward towards the future modules and PBL's to come. I have also learned alot today from my presentation such as the issues and conflicts pertaining to the Tamil Tigers and Sri Lanka and i therefore extend my most grateful thanks to you as my Faci today.

I also have FAITH and confidence that if I can keep this momentum going, then I know surely that I'll do well and score good grades throughout my study in RP.

Thank you for taking so much time and effort in reading my reflection journal for the day and therefore I would like to wish you a very nice day ahead.

0 comments: