Twitter Updates

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Summing Up the Weather Up There.

Okay, my week ends here. i wont be in school tomorrow because i'll be following my parents to Kay-Elle to celebrate aidiladha...

For the benefit of the my non-muslim friends, I googled what hari raya aidiladha is and what is the story behind it to why we even cherish and celebrate it.

Eid ul-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى) occurs on the tenth day of the Islamic month of Dhul Hijja. It is one of two Eid festivals that Muslims celebrate. Eid ul-Adha is celebrated by Muslims worldwide as a commemoration of Prophet Ibrahim's willingness to sacrifice his son for God.

Muslims believe that God revealed in a dream to
Ibrahim (Prophet Abraham) to sacrifice his son Isma’il. Ibrahim and Isma’il set off to Mina for the sacrifice. As they went, the devil attempted to persuade Ibrahim to disobey God and not to sacrifice his beloved son. But Ibrahim stayed true to God, and drove the devil away. As Ibrahim prepared to sacrifice his son, God stopped him and gave him a sheep to sacrifice instead.

The rite also reminds Muslims of the need to share what one has with the less fortunate.


So, you guys understand better the facts now? haha..

I also took time out this week to settle with Mardhiah on lots of issues and it was a relief that it ended constructively.

Today's new paper was an emotional one to read...

I felt the love, joy, pain and sorry of the husband of the terrorist victim and I was close to tearing when fikko read it loudly to the class..

speaking of which, it has made me realise that I should be a better man and take care of ones feelings with more subtleness...I'm sorry to you.

so yeah, i'll be going off now...

I'll miss everyone, including her.

to all my muslim friends...

0 comments: